There are a lot of destinations on my unwritten, mental list of places that I still want to visit in this world. Call it a bucket list, call it whatever you want. I frequently find myself researching airfare to places such as Iceland, Maldives, Ireland, Fiji, New Zealand….and lately, a lot, and I mean a LOT of searches for GREECE!
With images like these haunting the halls of my mind is it any wonder?
I know I am not alone so I thought I’d share a few images to bring Greece a little closer to home for all of us who have yet to visit the islands.
It is almost the end of January and 2010 feels like it left us yesterday. Truly it is accurate that time flies faster the older you get. Which by this time next week will be 30. I won’t pretend I haven’t started to freak out just a little bit. My life certainly has not followed the trajectory that I intended it to by the time I reached my 4th decade. Yet, for me 2011 is all about embracing the “it’s never too late” philosophy and with that in mind I embark on my first press trip of 2011 and first of many international jaunts for the year this coming Wednesday. It will be the beginning of a year packed with travel. I’ll be writing Friday Five posts from every major continent at one time or another this year (with the exception of Antarctica). With my international travels at the forefront of my mind, this week, posts from all around the globe….
1) For Greece, Twenty Four Hour View of the Sky – Literally, one image composed of many taken over a period of 30 hours by Chris Kotsiopoulos. This is his article showcasing the image and talking about the process. I stand in awe of Chris and the beauty of 30 hours in Greece that he has captured.
2) For Chile, Sesion Fotografica Vina Emiliana – A photo session by the uber talented Kyle Hepp, for Dalila y Thales at the Emiliana Vineyards. If you’re single, this might make you want to fall in love just to have photographs like this taken. If you’re already married, I venture this might make you want to do it all over – just so you can hire Kyle to take photographs such as this of you. But what do I know.
3) For France, Golden Brown – This photo essay from the talented team at Little Brown Pen just screams Paris to me. I love color, live for color, never feel more inspired than when I am surrounded by colors so bright my eyes hurt. However, I adore a perfect black and white image too and believe sometimes the earthier, more subtle tones like brown can speak just as loudly. Truly that is captured in this post. This is PARIS, in shades of brown – yes, but full of life and intensity still! Merci, Little Brown Pen, Merci for inspiring me and tiding me over until my March 1 departure to the City of Lights!!
4) For Vietnam, Halong Bay: Photo Essay – Asia is one of the few areas in the world that naturally seems to fall to the bottom every time I make a list of places I need to visit. It’s not that I am uninterested in seeing countries like Vietnam, however I feel it has been done and when I say that I mean if I read another post on drinking buckets on a beach in Koh Lanta I might lose my lunch. It’s just become uninteresting to me for lack of depth. However, I say that realizing it’s a judgmental attitude that might discount all the wonder Asia probably does have to offer. So, thank goodness for posts like this photo essay on Vietnam which renew my desire to travel to Asia!
5) For Ireland, A Spectacular Service – I won’t ruin a single bit of this delightful story by trying to preface it but suffice to say it just makes me that much more eager for my October visit to The Emerald Isle!
If you enjoyed this post, please show the love by sharing it!
As Seen On
Tablet Hotels blog