If you are on twitter and you somehow missed that there is a movement going on called Blog4NZ then I’m glad I am publishing this post. If you’re not on twitter and you don’t know about the blogger movement supporting bringing tourism back to New Zealand, I’m equally glad I am doing this post. If you are completely aware of Blog4NZ you can move on … or, enjoy my five favorite posts from the project that took place this week. There were quite a number of posts to wade through and I perhaps didn’t get to see them all. However, I think these are five terrific blog posts about New Zealand full of photographs and video that may make you want to hop on a plane bound for New Zealand now. I know that’s how I feel!
1) My 5 Favorite Views in New Zealand – Some truly great photographs are in this image heavy post celebrating New Zealand. It’s a treasure trove and definitely a good way to convince me to grab a flight over the ocean!
2) Off the beaten track: New Zealand’s South Island – There is nothing I am more in support of while traveling than getting “off the beaten track” and seeing the real heart and soul of a place. This post, does just that. For New Zealand’s South Island.
3) Paragliding Over Queenstown New Zealand – My mother went paragliding in Hawaii and ever since she did it’s something that’s always been on my “bucket list”. While I was finally able to zipline this year, I still haven’t followed in my mum’s footsteps. Maybe that’s why I enjoyed this post so much. Another chance to live vicariously!
4) Foodie’s Guide to New Zealand – Food is usually the gateway to truly getting to know any place one travels to. Oh, it’s not for you? Totally speaking for myself then!! I’m a bit of a foodie. This post definitely made my mouth water for a visit to New Zealand. Major bonus points for leading with ice cream … only my favorite food!!
5) Beautiful, Breathtaking New Zealand | Land of the Long White Cloud – And in a possible case of “saving the best for last” I present my friend Ken’s post on the Land of the Long White Cloud. Ken is the first photographer to ever help me appreciate HDR. Before his work, I was not a fan. I imagine these photos can help convince you, like his work did me, of the merits of this technique. Certainly, they will make you want to visit New Zealand! The grapevines at the end alone …
This week’s header image was taken on the California coast at Pebble Beach. I, sadly, have not been to NZ otherwise I would have proudly featured an image from the country!